How to apply for Payment Gateway?
- Contact a local Member Bank, and sign contract to join the service
- On reception of the request from the Member Bank, the requesting merchant is contacted and provided with an API and documentation for the integration
* Note: KNET does not provide services directly to any merchant or customer
In general, a Payment Gateway service is an E-commerce milestone, and for the State of Kuwait, it is a strategic one.
In 2004, KNET introduced Payment Gateway, as a payment method solution. KNET Payment Gateway accepts all debit cards issued by the banks in a bid to serve the customers and merchants of those banks.
The Gateway allows government and private entities to collect funds for their services and products over the internet through various means as in:
KNET applies the latest information and e-commerce technology on the Payment Gateway, with up-to-date safety and security technology in place, to protect all users against hacking or other related issues. In this respect, KNET has completed international certification for EMV & PCI.
The primary goal of KNET Payment Gateway is to:
- Facilitate electronic commerce transactions by connecting the government sector, private sector, users and banks
- Serve the national economy by providing a Payment Gateway that enhances usage of bank cards for payment instead of physical money
Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences Award – KNET Payment Gateway Wins 1st Place
On the 5th of June, 2013, KNET Payment Gateway was awarded 1st place by the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Science. KNET had the ultimate honor of receiving the award from His Highness, the Emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah.